Saturday, October 2, 2010

Norway Trip

Nick had to travel to Norway for work last week. We missed him so much, but luckily my mom was able to come stay with me and Layla.  We had a really fun week and my mom was a HUGE help.  I got so much done - deep cleaned the house, got a haircut, organized closets, washed the dogs...It was wonderful to have an extra set of hands and Layla was just eating up all of the attention, she was smiling the entire week.  My mom also helped me find a bottle that Layla will at least tolerate, which is great since unfortunately I need to start preparing for my return to work. 

Layla is becoming more and more animated every day, and is starting to imitate us.  When you stick out your tongue, she tries to do the same thing and it's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I'm trying to capture it, but of course she never does it when we have the camera ready!

But back to the title of the post - Nick was in Norway from Sunday to Friday.  They are seven hours ahead of us and he was pretty booked up the whole time, so we were only able to have quick conversations.  It was strange with him being gone - it's the longest that we've been away from each other, so needless to say I was so happy when he got home.  He brought back some yummy Swiss chocolate and lots of pictures:

View from the plane:




Horse races - they ride in buggies behind the horses, and race at a trot as opposed to full out galloping:


Random scenic pictures (it looks beautiful!):









And because a post wouldn't be complete without some baby pictures, here are a few of Layla:

Having fun on the play mat

Gave up during tummy time
 
Cute little feet that I can't get enough of!






No comments:

Post a Comment