Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lots of "Firsts"

Layla has experienced a lot of new things over the past couple of weeks.  Time is just flying by, she's growing up so fast.

She outgrew her little baby bathtub, so we tried out the big girl tub this past week.  I can tell she likes it - she has much more room to kick and wiggle.  Look at how small she seems in there!


She also met Gene and Dottie this past weekend.  It was really nice to visit with family, and Layla loves all of the attention.  Dottie made the most beautiful blanket for her and they gave us a book of children's prayers that we'll be reading from every night.



"Layla, would you like some candy?"


Layla smiles all the time, but I swear, as soon as the girl sees a camera, she stops.  These are really the first pictures that I've been able to get, and they still don't do her justice.  She can let out some laughs and it's so cute!  One of these days I'll capture it...



I also finally got a picture of her on her belly, lifting up and actually not crying. She's getting pretty good at rolling over - she really doesn't like tummy time, and I'm a mean mom by making her do it every day.


Finally, a first for both Layla and us - the pumpkin patch - every parent's rite of passage.  I was really excited to go and thought we were finally going to get some great photos of the baby.  OK.  We seriously took no less than 40 pictures and NONE of them turned out well.  I guess she's not at the best stage for posed pictures right now.  She's not big enough to sit on her own yet, but she's too big to just stay where you put her.  So we had lots of pictures of one of us propping her up, catching her as she tipped over, fixing her shirt, the list goes on and on.  I kid you not, these are the best ones:


My favorite, look at that face!  She was tired and had little puffy eyes.


Her shirt was much more interesting than the pumpkins

I know it looks like she was aboout to fall through the opening, but she wasn't, I promise!



Pumpkin head!
As you can tell, a photographer I am not, but we still had a great day.  I'll worry about getting good pictures next year!

2 comments:

  1. love the song! I love the photos of her smiling. so precious! trick of the trade for photos in bluebonnets or pumpkins? use the bumbo and hide it with a blanket or lots of pumpkin distraction! I cannot believe she is rolling over! time really does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I had known that, I should have called you before we went! Maybe we'll try again...

    ReplyDelete