Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What a Great Weekend!

Layla turned two months old on Friday, but I was kind of dreading the weekend since Nick was going hunting and I was going to be by myself with the baby the whole time.  But it actually turned out to be great because we have such wonderful family and friends that kept Layla and me company while Daddy was away!

We kicked off the weekend celebration with our first playdate at Kate's house on Friday morning.  I was really excited that we were finally able to attend, now that Layla has had her first round of shots. Kate's house is seriously a mini playland - Liam is a lucky boy!  Although Layla is still too young to really play with the other babies, she looked around wide-eyed all at of the action and promptly fell asleep in her car seat as soon as we were ready to go.

I was also really happy to meet some other moms, and everyone was so nice.  Since I've had Layla, the best advice has come from my friends that have kids, and Friday was no exception.  We've been struggling with sleeping and bottles lately, and I left armed with several suggestions and ideas that I'll be trying out this week.  I can't wait for the next playdate!




We continued the fun on Friday night with a visit from Aunt Jamie.  She took over Nick's duties for the night and helped me with diapers and Layla's bath to give me a break.  Layla loves her aunt and just smiled and laughed at Jamie every time she talked to her.  She also brought over her mini dachshund Dax for a visit, who is the cutest little thing ever.  So the dogs had a playdate this weekend too, thank goodness!  The more energy they get out, the better...

Jamie wouldn't let me take a picture since she just finished working out.  I have a little onesie that says "My Aunt is my BFF" that I'm waiting for Layla to grow into so we can take some cute pictures of the two of them.

Saturday afternoon, Layla and I met Emily and Alisa for lunch at Escalantes.   Emily was in town from Austin, and I was so happy that she got to come see Layla before her own little bundle arrives. She is around six months pregnant with her first baby, and I can't wait to take a trip to Austin to see him/her (they are keeping it a surprise!) next year.  Emily also bought Layla her first Texas A&M outfit, which was painful for her since she went to UT.  I'll definitely be doing the same next year!




I'm usually nervous to take Layla to a restaurant because she always seems to have a meltdown as soon as the food arrives, and I'm terrified to be "that person" with the screaming baby.  But Alisa and Emily were great as always and took turns passing her around and keeping her entertained, and I was able to actually eat instead of sit in the car - success!!




Since it was raining this weekend, Nick cut his hunting trip a bit short and came home on Saturday afternoon.  Layla was so happy to see her daddy and gave him a big smile when he came in to say hi. 

We rounded out the day by going to dinner with Sonia and Michael.  I was really excited for them to meet Layla.  I haven't seen Sonia since I went on maternity leave, so it was great to catch up with them.  Layla did pretty well at dinner - she was a bit cranky and I did have to make a quick trip out to the car, but evenings are her worst time so I was surprised that she was pretty content most of the time.  Sonia has two precious little girls, so she is a pro at calming babies and was such a great help to me while I was pregnant.   I can't even imagine how many times I IM'ed her with "Hey, can I ask you a quick question...?"  They also brought Layla the cutest little track suit that I can't wait to dress her in!

Sunday was a lazy day for us, we just hung out on the couch and all of us, Layla included, fell asleep while watching a movie.  I love weekends like this! Too bad they have to end...

No comments:

Post a Comment