Saturday, September 11, 2010

Eight Weeks

Layla had her eight week pediatrician appointment on Friday.  I can't believe how fast time has flown by with her!  I feel like we were just there for her one week follow up.  Dr. Wilber said she is doing great and is right on track with development.  She now weighs 10 lbs, 14 oz and is 22 1/2 inches long.  Unfortunately, this visit also meant her first round of vaccinations.  Layla let out a pretty good yell, and I'll admit, I teared up a bit too.  I just hated seeing her in pain.  The doctor told us that she would either be more sleepy or more fussy than usual, and my child managed to be both.  She alternated between a deep sleep and crying fits for the rest of the evening.  Once she finally fell asleep for the night she did better, and so far today, she's pretty much back to herself.

I hope I don't jinx it by posting this, but she's also becoming a much better sleeper.  She is starting to sleep for as long as six hours straight at night, sometimes longer, which is really good for her.  I'm actually having to adjust to it - I've gotten used to waking every few hours, so I need to break myself of that habit and get some sleep!  She's also smiling and laughing at us, and becoming more and more interactive every day. 

Here are a couple of pictures that I thought were cute.  She has grown so much, where did my little baby go??

One week old
Eight weeks old

No comments:

Post a Comment