Saturday, July 2, 2011

Beach Baby

We recently took Layla on her first beach trip, and as expected, she loved it!  I really haven't seen this little girl be scared or tentative about anything so far, but I was interested to see how she reacted to the sand and waves.  She had fun, Mallard loves it - the only one who didn't enjoy themselves was Turk, who hid under the car the whole time...

We didn't stay for long, because it is SO HOT OUTSIDE!!  But Layla plopped right down and got to work digging with her new beach toys.





Mallard helped.


Layla also loved splashing in the water and laughed every time a wave came.  I only caught her trying to eat sand once - I think that's pretty good!  Unless I just missed the other times...And the funniest part of the whole day came when we were in the car.  The sand was pretty bumpy and uneven so we were bouncing around all over the place.  I'm freaking out because I have this fear of getting stuck at the beach (even through there is no way we would have in Nick's truck), the dogs are whining, and Nick is concentrating on driving when all of a sudden I hear shrieks of laughter from the backseat.  Yes, Layla, my little daredevil was having a blast getting tousled around in the car and thought it was just the best thing ever.  Forget the beach, who would have thought the car could be so fun?  Crazy girl.





No comments:

Post a Comment