Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Three Years!

Nick and I celebrated our three year wedding anniversary on May 31st!  It feels like no time at all has passed since we got married, yet so much has happened.  In the last 3 1/2 years we started dating, got engaged, got married, got another dog, bought a house, had a baby, and both changed jobs.  Crazy!  But they have been the best years of my life.  I could not ask for a more perfect husband.  Nick is everything I could have ever hoped for in a partner, and I am so blessed to experience all of these wonderful moments with him. 

We had a very small wedding - immediate family only - at one of the wedding venue gardens at the Moody Gardens Hotel.  It was exactly what I wanted - small, casual, no stress, just our families enjoying the beautiful weather and each other.  Before the ceremony, the girls spent the day at the hotel spa while the guys did whatever guys do.  Then we headed over to the room where I changed into my dress, and we all chatted and snacked until it was time.

We were actually married by Nick's youth minister from his home town, which was another special part of the ceremony.  Everything was very intimate and family oriented.  I walked down the aisle to "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" played on an acoustic guitar by another one of Nick's church members, and we exchanged vows under a tree, by the ocean, surrounded by flowers while our family watched.  The weather was so nice, and the water was actually blue!

After the ceremony, we took pictures, then it was off to celebrate.  We had one of the private dining rooms at the hotel with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the gardens and bay.  We sat down to a delicious multi-course dinner (lobster ravioli was my favorite) and ended the meal with slices of our strawberry and cream cheese wedding cake - so good!

It was a wonderful day and the start to the best life I could ask for.  Every day is better and better with Nick, and I really do thank God every single day for him and the life that we have together.  We'll see what happens next!









1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love the photo where you are laughing and he is holding your hands... so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete