Friday, June 10, 2011

Graduation!

Layla completed her first semester at the Little Gym last week!  They had a "graduation" for the babies, and family members and friends were invited to come see all of the new skills that everyone learned in class.  Nick was able to come to class with us, which Layla LOVED, of course.  Miss Alli asked the daddies to be the ones to actually participate in the class, since we do it all the time.  So Nick had his first experience with the baby stretches, songs, and activities that we do every week.  It was pretty funny watching all the dads looking around with these "what on earth are we doing" faces, but I know Layla really enjoyed playing with Nick in the gym.

I loved these classes and we'll definitely be continuing them this summer.  I learned a lot of things to do with Layla at home to strengthen those little muscles and get her to those milestones.  I really think this class helped her develop not only her motor skills, but her social skills as well.  She loves the other babies and it's so fun to see them all crawl towards each other and play.  I think it helped with stranger anxiety too!  She's gotten to know the other moms and teachers there, and is comfortable with others holding her or introducing her to something new without me being right there, which is great.  It's a really fun place and I'm so happy that I'm able to take her!

Here are some pictures from the graduation class:









No comments:

Post a Comment