Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Nursery? No Problem!

Once Layla hit nine months, I knew we were very overdue with leaving her at the church nursery, but I was so nervous about the first time.  She really doesn't have much stranger anxiety (for now) but I invented all of these awful scenarios in my head.  I don't know why.  The caregivers at church are so nice, and the different nursery rooms, grouped by age, are like mini play lands - plenty to do and see to keep Layla nice and busy while we attended the services. 

So, we got to church and I handed her over, thinking we would get an immediate cry and/or pathetic look.  And what did I get - nothing.  Not even a backwards glance.  This kid made a beeline for the little castle/block/mat thing and never looked back.  So off we went, and I'll admit, I clutched that pager through the whole service, just waiting for it to go off.  And of course it never did.  As soon as we were released, I hurried out of there, got to the little half door that all nurseries have, peeked in, and saw Layla and another little girl crawling around, having a great time playing!  Since then, she's done great, no issues, which I am so happy about.  It's wonderful that I can relax and know that Layla is well cared for, having a great time and making friends so I can concentrate on the sermon.

Nick drew the line at me taking pictures at the nursery. For some reason he thought that was overboard, can't imagine why :)  So here she is, home from church - and very sleepy!  She took a good nap that afternoon.  Look at those tired eyes.  But at least I finally got a bow to stick in that crazy hair!


1 comment: