Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 - Part 1

We celebrated Thanksgiving with both sides of the family this year.  We had our first dinner on Thursday with my family, then headed out to Bay City on Saturday to celebrate with Nick's family.

My parents came up to stay with us on Wednesday night, and my wonderful husband manned the grill and made us a delicious dinner.  After we ate, we just hung out with the baby for a bit until it was time for her bath, and went to bed pretty early since we would be going over to my older sister's house the next morning.



Steph hosted us at her house on Thursday.  Everything was sooo good!  She had a wonderful spread of appetizers for us to snack on while the turkey was cooking, and we had a great time visiting and playing with Layla until dinner was ready.  The meal was incredible, Steph is a wonderful cook and we, of course, stuffed ourselves silly. 






After our meal, we went outside for a bit to work off some of the food, and my nephews brought out their Rip Boards.  Basically, these are kind of like inline skateboards..  My nephews were just shooting down the street like pros and made it look so easy, but let me tell you - these things are IMPOSSIBLE.  Nick got the hang of it towards the end, but I tried it and couldn't even stand on the thing!  I'll leave that one to the boys...



We had such a nice time, and Layla really enjoyed all of the attention.  By the end of the night, she was pretty exhausted (aka cranky), and there was really only one person that could get her to calm down...



This holiday has taken on a whole new meaning now that we have Layla.  I am so absolutely thankful for everything in my life.  I'm living the life that I always dreamed and hoped of having, and I thank God every day for everything He has blessed us with, especially our sweet, healthy baby girl.  She brings us such joy every day, and I can't even remember what our lives were like without her!

Part 2 of our Thanksgiving celebration is coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment