Thursday, December 9, 2010

Rice Cereal

I was really excited when we got the green light from our pediatrician to start Layla on rice cereal.  She loves her food, and I couldn't wait to see how she took to something more substantial than milk!

So, Nick and I broke out the high chair last night and got her all set up.  I had both the video camera and digital camera out to capture this "first" so we can show it to all of her future boyfriends ;).  She was a little wary at first, but once she got used to the spoon she loved it!  She was making little "mmmm" noises while she was eating, so cute.  I was hoping that feeding her would add maybe an hour or so of sleep to her morning, but so far no luck...maybe this weekend will go better!

Here are a few pictures - what a mess!  It seemed like for every scrape of food off of her face and into her mouth, twice that amount came back out. She kept getting a surprised look on her face, and I could just see her thinking "What is this stuff??!"  We'll see how next week goes with the cereal, and if she's doing well, then on to oatmeal and veggies!




No comments:

Post a Comment