Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nursery - Before and After

This is really late, but I wanted to get some pictures out here of Layla's nursery.  I want to be able to flip through this blog as Layla gets older and show her how things were when she was a baby, so I have to make sure I capture all the big stuff!

Nick and I (mostly Nick) are updating our house room by room.  We bought it knowing that it needed some work, and it's been a definite learning experience for me.  We were all set to start on the master bedroom, but then we found out that I was pregnant, so we had to switch gears and concentrate on the nursery.

Here are the before pictures.  Nick started working before I could snap a picture with the carpet in, but you get the idea:





Now, here is the same room today:






Nick put down new flooring and replaced the ceiling fan, doorknobs, outlet and light covers, baseboards, and blinds.  He also painted the whole room on his own (walls and doors), since I wasn't supposed to be around the fumes.  What a difference!  Layla loves her room and is always looking around at all of the bright colors.  I also think it will transition well into a toddler room, so she will be able to enjoy her Daddy's hard work for a long time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment