Friday, February 18, 2011

Messy Dinner

We met Nathan and Rachel for dinner last weekend and had a great time!  This was their first time meeting Layla, and she loved them both.  She smiled and laughed the whole time.  Here she is hanging out with Nathan (sorry for the even worse quality than usual, I took the picture on my phone).


For some reason, I was a mess during dinner.  It started off when I accidentally flung sweet potatoes into the queso when I was trying to open Layla's food (I hate that packaging).  But that was no big deal, just a quick scoop and all was good.  Then, I made the mistake of ordering a shrimp cocktail for dinner.  It was served in a tall glass, as usual, and when the waiter brought it out he tipped the plate and I caught the glass and ended up with a handful of shrimp sauce.  OK, no big deal, still an easy clean up.

Until dinner was over.  I didn't eat much, so the cup was still fairly full when we were visiting, waiting for the waiter to clear the table.  I had Layla in my lap, facing forward.  And you can guess what happened next.  Yes, my beautiful, sweet little baby proceeded to reach out, grab the glass, and dump the ENTIRE shrimp cocktail into my lap.  It was all over me!  I was mortified.  And just so you know, cocktail sauce itches.  I'm still getting used to having to keep everything out of her reach, she's so quick and grabs things before I know it - kind of scary, actually.  At least I learned my lesson and will definitely be more careful from now on.  And somehow, Layla managed to not get a drop on herself...makes you wonder how innocent they really are...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment