Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Two Months

Maddie, you turned two months old on May 19th.  I cannot believe how fast time is flying by! 

We are having such a wonderful time with you.  You are a smiling, happy baby and I can't get enough of it.  You grin and coo whenever anyone talks to you, and we just discovered that if we stick our tongue out at you, you do it back - so cute!  You are shaping up to be an imitator, just like your big sister!  You already have such a great personality and I can't wait to see how you grow!

You are becoming much more interested in your playmat and toys and are starting to reach for things.  No rolling over yet, but you can lift your head pretty well during tummy time even though you still hate it.  You still love bath time with your sister, and the car seat puts you to sleep every time!

You eat about every two to three hours during the day, but last night, you slept from 9PM-3AM before waking up to eat!  That's pretty much the first time you've slept more than a four hour stretch.  Of course, I kept waking up, wondering if I should go in your room to check on you.  I remember that Layla started sleeping much better around the two month mark as well, but I'm a worrywart.  I probably jinxed you sleeping through the night by writing this too :)

You are still a petite little girl, but Dr. Wilber is happy with your progress.  You weighed 9 lbs, 1 oz at your eight week check up which put you in the 14th percentile for weight.  You were 21 inches long, which I believe was the 21st percentile.  I worry about you getting enough to eat - I can't really gauge it since you are still refusing bottles - but Dr. Wilber was happy with your growth, plus you are having regular wet and dirty diapers and seem pretty content, so I guess we are good to go so far!  I am definitely looking forward to being able to give you food, I want to fatten you up!

Maddie, you bring such joy to our lives.  Your daddy and I were watching Layla play with you last night, and we are so thankful for the family that God has blessed us with.  I love you more every day and can't wait to see what the next month brings!

Bath time!

Tummy time still ends this way

No comments:

Post a Comment