Thursday, October 13, 2011

Houston Zoo

Dana, Jody and I took the kids on their first trip to the Houston Zoo, and we had such a great time!  We were a little concerned that they would be too young to really notice much but that wasn't the case at all.  Their little eyes lit up at all of the different animals, and they giggled, pointed, and babbled their way through all of the exhibits (with a stroller snooze thrown in there as well.)


We spent the day there so we got to see all of the attractions and visit the petting zoo, but I think everyone's favorite activity was feeding the giraffes!  We got to the exhibit at the perfect time and were able to participate in feeding, which was so wonderful and something I'll always remember.  The giraffes were adorable up close, although I have to admit, I was a bit nervous - those black tongues are kind of crazy and the giraffes are definitely not shy when it comes to getting their food! I thought Layla would be hesitant or scared, since obviously this is by far the biggest animal she's been up close to.  I was so wrong!  She just grabbed that lettuce and held it out to the largest giraffe like a pro.  I think she has some practice sneaking food to our dogs - I guess to her they were just bigger puppies!  With those innocent little eyes and goofy "smiles", they kind of were!



It was such a fun, memorable day.  As always, we love spending time with these wonderful friends and can't wait for our next outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment